Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My first quilt

I was helping my friend Aubrey make her first quilt last month. Aubrey is making a yellow brick road. She is using the cutest fabric. I hope she will finish it, it will be so cute when it is done. I remember my first quilt being really plain, but I finished it.
I machine quilted it with gold metallic thread it was so hard. My tension was so off, the thread kept breaking on me. I had no clue what I was doing. I wanted to quilt stars along the sides but that never happen. I should give a big thanks out to my Mother-in-law, Dayna that helped me.
I think it's great for my first quilt. After making 40+ quilts I am still learning how to do so many things. I think the trick is you have to finish it. So you can move on to another, then another, then one day you find that you love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment